By: Shelby Kovzel
My bedroom now sits empty after all of my things have been moved out. After moving out of this house in Statesboro, I am now dealing with the stress of not having anywhere to permanently live until my new lease begins.
My closet where I used to shove clothes because I had no space is now complexity empty and all my clothes are packed away. It is difficult going from going from having somewhere your things can go to it all being packed away in a storage unit.
My bathroom where I used to get ready for work, class, and going out with my friends is now so plain and empty. I had such a consistent routine in this house, and now it is time to adjust to a new chapter.
The living room where my roommate's and I used to hang out and talk about our lives for hours on end is now just an empty space. Moving out of this house was emotional because this is where I made a lot of my college memories.
The storage unit where all my belongings are stored away inside. My new lease has not started yet, so I am staying with a friend in the mean time and keepings all my things stored away.
All of my boxes, furniture, and personal belongings fill this storage unit to the brim. My storage unit has now become a temporary home for all of my things while I wait for my next lease to start.
Boxes that are labeled with all different kinds of things sit stacked inside of my storage unit. Some of these boxes hold very important pieces of my life that I cannot easily access while I have no where certain to live right now.
I went through my box of all my Christmas things to make sure it was all there, because some of my things got scattered throughout the move. Having my belongings scattered between different locations has made this whole process feel super overwhelming.
Even though a lot of my things are packed away in the storage unit, some things are still living in my car throughout this process. Some things I have to keep in my car because I need them for work, school, or just my daily life.
Some of my personal belongings are scattered around the room where I am temporarily staying. Until my lease begins, I am staying with a friend who just so happened to also move into a new house so things are more chaotic.
All of my clothes and everyday items are organized into my suitcase and put in the corner. Sharing a room for two weeks is a huge adjustment, compared to having your own space.
Despite all of the stress from this process, I still have to keep up with my school work and my job. I try ro stay organized in my planner to keep myself in track throughout this transition.
I find a space in the room that I can sit down and do my schoolwork. I stay on top of my schoolwork more during this process because it can be super easy to miss a deadline while dealing with all the stress of moving.
Some of my more important belongings are stored away in the corner of the room. I did not want to put some of my more valuable picture frames in the storage unit with the fear that they might get damaged.
Even though the space is very unorganized, I try to keep my things folded and in boxes. Making sure that my things are organized and in order keeps my mind at peace.
Even though the room is not in the best or most organized condition, the bathroom is. This is helpful because we keep our things very organized in here and it is easy to because it is clean and put together.
Even though I am staying somewhere that is not technically my home, I have done my best to find a space where I can relax and get things done. I sit on this corner of the couch and get a lot of my schoolwork done and sometimes where I relax after work.
After a long day of all of life's challenges I sit down to get some work done. I have had to learn how to balance moving, school, and work all at once and it has not been easy.
So for now I will be here trying to navigate this process and still enjoy life the best I can. My lease does not begin until August, so I will be staying here for a while.


















